- Type: Blood
No appointment needed
Results by e-mail
Treatment available if needed
This is the latest and most detailed HIV test. It is a blood test that includes the following:
- HIV-1 antibodies
- HIV-2 antibodies
- HIV-1 p24 antigen
Why do this test?
This is a screening HIV test to see if you have an HIV infection. It can show if you have an infection any time from 2 weeks after being infected, but it would be better to wait 45 days for most accuracy. The HIV test will pick up 100% of infections, but a small number of positive tests will be wrong ( 0.5% false positive rate). These will undergo a specialised HIV test to confirm an HIV infection.
Results take 1 working day * and will be e-mailed to you with a doctor's explanation. Treatment is offered when needed.
* Indicative timings only. Actual result may be earlier or slightly later.
1. Purchase test online with full name and date of birth.
2. Attend Patient Reception for your STI test at a walk-in laboratory in London.
3. You will recieve a text message notification when your results are ready. They will be sent to you discreetly by email.
4. In the event of a positive test result, we provide STI treatment if needed.
All laboratories need information regarding the client to identify their individual sample.
Without these details, tests cannot be processed.
The minimum requirement is the full name and date of birth.
You can enter these details securely in 'Order Special Instructions' at the CART stage of the order process. Alternatively, you can email these to us at: email@example.com
The Doctors Laboratory
76 Wimpole Street
See map at bottom of this page
Treatment for postive tests is available by payment of a £25 prescription fee.
The medication is then delivered to you from our pharmacy partner e-Medicina. Typical costs for one antibiotic is approximately £10.