- Type: Blood
HIV Viral Load
No appointment needed
Results by e-mail
Treatment available if needed
This is a rapid HIV test which is done for people who are already known to be HIV positive. It is a PCR blood test that checks for HIV-1 RNA and gives a number for the viral load (> 40 copies/ml).
Why do this test?
This HIV test is done for HIV positive people to give further information about the prognosis and to show response to HIV antiretroviral therapy.
Results take 1 working day * and will be e-mailed to you with a doctor's explanation.
* Indicative timings only. Actual result may be earlier or slightly later.
1. Purchase test online with full name and date of birth.
2. Attend Patient Reception for your STI test at a walk-in laboratory in London.
3. You will recieve a text message notification when your results are ready. They will be sent to you discreetly by email.
4. In the event of a positive test result, we provide STI treatment if needed.
All laboratories need information regarding the client to identify their individual sample.
Without these details, tests cannot be processed.
The minimum requirement is the full name and date of birth.
You can enter these details securely in 'Order Special Instructions' at the CART stage of the order process. Alternatively, you can email these to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Doctors Laboratory
76 Wimpole Street
See map at bottom of this page
Treatment for postive tests is available by payment of a £25 prescription fee.
The medication is then delivered to you from our pharmacy partner e-Medicina. Typical costs for one antibiotic is approximately £10.
HIV Viral Load